A Better Me is Coming!

After completing my undergraduate degree at African Bible College in Malawi, I made a solemn promise to myself that I was done with formal education. My sole focus was on amassing wealth and establishing a secure business venture. Every time my dad broached the topic of pursuing a master’s degree, my answer remained a resounding and emphatic “NO.” However, life had a surprise in store for me. A year into my marriage, my wife embarked on her journey to attain a master’s degree in Gender Studies. To my surprise, it felt like I had been unwittingly enrolled in school myself. My wife frequently sought my assistance with her assignments, cleverly leveraging my penchant for analyzing ideas and conducting research. I found myself burning the midnight oil to aid her in completing her assignments. It was during this time that I realized the need to pursue my own master’s degree. The University of Denver emerged as my top choice. As I arrived in Denver, I was beset by a whirlwind of mixed emotions, questioning my decision to attend this institution. The process of relocating here had been a difficult and exhausting ordeal. However, as time passed and I explored deeper into the campus environment, my initial doubts began to dissipate. I gradually started to feel a sense of belonging. My interactions with various individuals and my involvement with the Office of Student Affairs allowed me to forge meaningful connections and acquaint myself with people who were genuinely passionate about their work. This environment fostered a culture of learning that I wholeheartedly embraced. Surprisingly, after two years of actively avoiding physical exercise, I found myself developing a newfound appreciation for it, all thanks to the campus gym. “Vive l’Université de Denver !” #HumansofDU #DURocks #Focused #College #Student #Denver #WhatsYourStory