Humans of DU: The Decision to Try

Coming into college, I thought my academics would take a huge priority and I wouldn’t have enough time to enjoy extracurricular activities like I did in high school. I do care a lot about my academics, but I wanted to be able to have fun and do things that I like to truly get a real college experience. I have a pretty busy schedule as is, since I’m a Finance major, I’m on the pre-med track and I’m getting a minor in Leadership Studies. However, I learned very quickly that DU is the perfect school to find a balance in academics and extracurriculars.

Being on such a small campus allows me to build strong connections with all of my peers and make friends in all of the different things I’m involved in. Starting from my freshman year, I made sure to get involved in a lot of different clubs and programs that interest me. Programs like Honors, Pioneer Leadership Program (PLP), Excelling Leaders Institute (ELI), South Asian Student Association (SASA), Muslim Student Association (MSA), and Asian Students Alliance (ASA) are things I love being a part of at DU. On top of this I was even able to become a Resident Assistant (RA), something that I have really enjoyed so far. I even play intramural sports with all of my friends as well. Overall, my experiences at DU have been amazing because I have been able to focus both on school and extracurriculars, something I don’t think would have been as easy at another school. For that, I’ll always be grateful to DU.

“Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try”- Muqit Matin